Skip to main content

Hope Lutheran Church

Landstad Church was originally organized as a member of the United Lutheran Church in the fall of 1903 in Fosson, Minnesota. It conducted services in Norwegian in a remodeled building on Second Street until 1914, when a new church was built at 508 Foss Avenue North. After a merger of the Hauges, Norwegian Synod and United Lutheran Church in 1917, it belonged to the Norwegian Lutheran Church of America (later known as the Evangelical Lutheran Church or ELC). Landstad eventually merged with two other ELC congregations: Brandsvold in 1936 and Poplar River in 1941 and changed its name to Hope Lutheran Church. The current congregation of Hope Lutheran Church still meets in the original 1914 building.

Contact Information

Hope Lutheran Church
508 Foss Avenue North
Fosston, MN 56542
United States

Hope Lutheran Church website